Saturday, April 9, 2011

Possessed: The Aftermath (4/4)



Title: Possessed: The Aftermath
Rating: R
Pairing: Jo/Dean (Sort of)
Edited By: dh1031
Category: One-Shot (Tag to Season 2 episode ‘Born Under a Bad Sign.’ The way it should have went and Why did Sam go after Jo anyway?)



South Dakota



It’s hard to imagine Sammy being evil…but tonight…tonight I saw a side of him I never thought could exist. I know he was possessed, but it was still his body doing those things. When dad said if I couldn’t save Sam, I’d have to kill him…I didn’t believe it. I couldn’t…but after tonight…I see what the darkness can do. I’m scared for him…I just hope we can get through this, thought Dean.

Dean sat on a chair holding an ice pack to his bruised face as he watched Jo move around Bobby’s living room helping him clean up the mess they made. Sam was watching Dean and when Dean glanced at him he raised an eyebrow.

“What?”

“You really look like crap, Dean.”

Dean glared at him.

“Haha, very funny Sam and, right back at ya.”

They heard Bobby grunt as he placed the torn apart book on the table. They turned to him with a look of worry and Sam spoke.

“What is it, Bobby?”

“You boys ever hear of a hunter named Steve Wandel?”

Dean watched as Sam shifted uncomfortably and then eyed Bobby before speaking.

“Why do you ask?”

Bobby glanced between them and Jo stopped what she was doing at the sound of Bobby’s next words.

“Just heard from a friend…Wandel's dead. Murdered in his own house. You wouldn’t know anything about that?”

Dean shook his head and spoke before Sam could say anything.

“No, sir. Never heard of the guy.”

Bobby looked at Sam and it looked like there was something stuck in his throat as he swallowed hard.

“Sam?”

San just shook his head and Bobby tensed, but nodded.

“Good. Keep it that way. Wandel's buddies are looking for someone, or something, to string up, and they’re not gonna slow down to listen to reason. You understand what I’m saying?”

Dean nodded and tossed the ice pack on the table before standing up.

“We better hit the road.”

He glanced at Jo and she avoided his eyes. He cleared his throat as he briefly looked at Sam and Bobby before glancing back at Jo.

“Can you guys give me a minute? Jo and I need to talk.”

“No, we don’t…”

There was a warning in Dean’s voice when h spoke.

“Jo…”

Bobby moved over and patted Dean’s shoulder before ushering Sam out of the room.

“I’ll help Sam pack up the car.”

The room grew quiet once they were gone. Dean watched as Jo busied herself with straightening things out again. He sighed.

“We need to talk about this.”

“No we don’t.”

Dean raised an eyebrow.

“No? So what, we just ignore the problem until you pop out a kid?”

Jo froze and her body tensed. She turned slowly so she was facing Dean and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Before you get on my case I didn’t know okay? That’s why I didn’t say anything. That demon…Meg or whatever is the one who told me so I don’t even know if it’s true. Secondly it doesn’t mean anything okay…I’m not going to force you to hang around…I know hunting’s your priority…this was just supposed to be…I dunno fun…”

Jo’s voice trailed off and Dean stood there, his body now tense. Wow…she thinks that little of me? I’m not sure whether to be angry with her or myself for making her feel that way, thought Dean. He decided to go with being angry at himself.

After everything that happened today, the last thing Jo needs is shit from me, thought Dean. He sighed and moved toward Jo. He reached out and nudged her lightly. She looked up at him and he could tell she was trying to keep the tears at bay.

“Jo…is that really what you think? That we’re just having fun? That I’d take off and leave you with my kid?”

She shrugged, but he knew what that meant. Dean rubbed the back of his neck and shook his head.

“You’re right…”

Her head jerked up and he saw tears pool in her eyes and he panicked slightly.

“No, no that came out wrong. You think this…”

He motioned between them.

“Is just another one of my one night stands…just another fling and I understand that because I didn’t take the time to tell you different. So when you didn’t answer I said you’re right…how would you know better?”

He took her hand, met her eyes, and spoke in a very soft, un-Dean-like voice.

“Jo, there’s a reason I keep coming back to you…a reason Meg went after you. I care about you. One of the reason’s I sort of blew you off in the beginning isn’t because I didn’t like you…it was because you scared the shit out of me.”

He chuckled and she looked startled.

“Me?”

He nodded with a smile on his face.

“Yeah, you with your opinions, love of classic rock, gorgeous body…attitude…and to top it all off you knew about the huntin’ and you didn’t care. Hell you wanted to do it yourself and you weren’t half bad.”

She gave him a small grin and he waggled his eyebrows at her. She laughed lightly breaking any of the leftover tension in the room.

“So, you get it? That you mean more to me than any of those one night stands…that’s not who you are to me. I’d never treat you like that. You’re better than that. I respect you Jo and even if the Demon didn’t lie…I’m here.”

She was watching him and he let go of her hands and took a step back, before starting to pace. She smiled and he continued talking.

“I don’t shirk my responsibilities you know that…and no before you get all ‘girly’ on me, no, I’m not just sticking around to be responsible. As long as you know you can’t change who I am…and trust me I already know that about you…we’ll be fine.”

He froze and looked at Jo.

“Are we good here? Cause I can only do this emotional stuff for so long before I mess up.”

Dean looked drained and Jo chuckled before walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. He moved his lightly around her waist and raised an eyebrow. She smiled.

“We’re good.”

He leaned in and captured her lips with his. After a couple of seconds she deepened the kiss. Someone behind them cleared their throat and Jo pulled away slowly. Dean called over his shoulder without even looking at who it was.

“We’re busy, go away.”

“You kickin’ me outta my own living room boy?”

Dean practically jumped away from Jo. He turned around and opened his mouth to say something when he noticed the grin on Sam’s face and Bobby’s raised eyebrow. They were teasing him, thought Dean. He craned his neck and looked at Jo who was trying not to laugh.

He glared at all three of them.

“Hahaha, very funny guys. You all suck.”

Bobby rolled his eyes and reached into his pocket and pulled out three necklaces.

“Here, take these.”

Sam took his and then Dean took the two that were left. He handed one to Jo and she gazed at it curiously before looking at Bobby and speaking.

“What are they?”

“Charms. They’ll fend off possession. That demon is still out there. This’ll stop it from getting back up in you.”

Dean shook his head before glancing briefly at Jo and then looking at Bobby.

“That sounds vaguely dirty, but thanks.”

Jo grinned and slapped Dean lightly. Bobby glared.

“You’re welcome. You boys be careful, now. You too Joanna Beth. Tell that mom of yours Bobby Singer say’s hello when you get back home.”

She was fumbling with the necklace and Dean took it from her fingers and helped her get it on as she spoke.

“Sure will.”

Dean looked around the room.

“We ready?”

“I gotta use the bathroom.”

Dean turned his head to Jo and nodded.

“Hurry up sister this bus leaves in ten.”

She nodded before disappearing through the doorway. Dean and Sam walked out to the car and waited in awkward silence for Jo. Dean cleared his throat.

“You okay?”

When Sam didn’t answer he tapped on his head lightly.

“Sam? Is that you in there?”

He gave him a half-hearted grin and when Sam looked at him the grin faded.

“I was awake for some of it, Dean. I was confused and it took a little while to remember, but…I do now. I watched myself kill Wandel with my own two hands. I saw the light go out in his eyes…and Jo…god Dean I’m sorry…”

Dean’s body tensed next to him.

“What happened with Jo?”

Sam looked at Dean startled.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“No.”

Sam hesitated and Dean turned to him, his voice authoritative and angry.

“Tell me.”

“Nothing…I…I almost carved up Jo…”

He looked away from his brother, but Dean’s gaze didn’t falter.

“That didn’t look like where it was going to me Sammy…you didn’t…I mean it didn’t get that far…right?”

There was an edge to Dean’s voice when he spoke again.

“Sam…”

“No, Dean. It didn’t get that far. You came if before that, but…listen you should really talk to her about it. I’m sorry…I know it wasn’t me, but…I feel horrible…I’m not sure she’ll ever forgive me.”

Dean was about to say something else when Jo made her way out the door and down the steps. Sam straightened up and Dean turned. Jo raised an eyebrow.

“Well come on then princess…I thought this bus was leaving in 10?”

She smirked at him, but he could see the underline tension in her body. He noticed the way she avoided Sam completely and he sighed. This is going to be a long trip, thought Dean. They all got into the car, Sam in the back and Jo and Dean in the front.

On The Road Again

When Dean started the car Metallica blared softly from the speakers. They started off on the road and the car was quiet. Out of nowhere, Dean chuckled. Sam and Jo both looked at him strangely. Sam, thinking he missed the joke rolled his eyes before speaking.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

Sam leaned up slightly putting his hand on the side of Jo’s chair.

“Dean, what?”

Dean grinned as he looked at Sam through the rearview mirror.

“Dude…you, like, full-on had a girl inside you for, like, a whole week.”

A smile broke out on Sam’s face, even Jo smirked.

“That’s pretty naughty.”

The three of them laughed and Sam accidently moved his hand and touched Jo’s arm and she jerked away from him. Their moment of laughter was gone as Jo paled and moved as close to the window as she could. Dean glanced in her direction. She flinched and he cleared his throat.

“Sammy sit back.”

Sam glanced between Dean and Jo before leaning back and moving as far to Dean’s side of the car as he could and still be comfortable. The awkward silence was back and after about fifteen minutes Sam couldn’t take it anymore.

“Where are we going?”

He watched as Dean glanced at Jo, who was looking out the window, before turning his head back to the road. Sam saw Dean’s deep intake of breath.

“We’re going to the Roadhouse.”

Sam’s body deflated…the Roadhouse…Ellen…Jo’s pregnant…I know that much or at least I felt what the demon felt when she was in me. That means this is just the start of the awkwardness because Dean’s not going to just leave Jo…the three of us are in this together now…I just hope everything works out, thought Sam.

The Impala made its way down the road with three passengers inside…little did they know life was about to get very interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment