Saturday, April 9, 2011

Body Heat

Banner By: Eva
Title: Body Heat
Rating: PG-13
Author: Reportergirl13
Fandom: Supernatural
Pairing: Dean, Sam
Word Count: 1,430
Prompt: a snowstorm from Scoopchick



Dean grunted, pulling his jacket tighter around his body as he trudged through the snow making his way back toward the impala. He could barely see because of all the god damned snow. He finally managed to spot the black of his trunk in the ocean of white in front of him.

He jogged the rest of the way to the car in snow that was slightly above his ankles. When he was two feet from the door and about to reach out for the handle his boot hit a patch of ice making him slip, body flying backward landing in a pile of snow.

Sam was sitting in the car checking the progress of the storm on his phone when he heard a loud thud followed by Dean’s irritated voice.

“SON OF A BITCH!”

Sam winced as he heard grunting and scraping outside the car seconds before the driver’s side door was pulled open. Dean slid into the seat, teeth chattering, slamming the door closed behind him. He glanced at his brother, noting his drenched clothes.

Dean reached forward to adjust the heat as Sam raised an eyebrow at him.

“What happened?”

He glared at his brother as he rubbed his hands faster together trying to create some much needed heat for his body.

“What’s it look like Sammy? Not only could I not find the damn gas station we passed on the way here, but I fell in the god damned snow! Were you able to get in touch with Cas? Is he gonna pop in here and bring us to Bobby’s? Any change he can take the impala too?”

Dean’s voice was hopeful as Sam shook his head and sighed.

“I wasn’t able to get a hold of him. The phone keeps giving me this weird busy signal. Almost like too many people are trying to make outgoing calls at the same time. Probably because of this freak storm.”

Dean frowned.

“Is that even possible? It’s a cell phone company. How can they have too many people on their lines or whatever?”

“I don’t know, but it happens more than you think. Remember that time we tried to call Bobby on New years and it took forty-five minutes to get through?”

Dean groaned. He could feel the cold seeping into his bones as a shiver ran through his body. His skin was wet and the icy clothes sticking to him weren’t helping. He could feel his fingers starting to stiffen as the wintry weather whistled around the car.

“Dude…I’m freezing my balls off here, I’m not gonna last forty-five minutes.”

Sam watched his brother trying to get warm and frowned. He was right. If they didn’t get him warm it’s very possible he wouldn’t last forty-five minutes, hell he might not even last twenty-five at this point. He could already see Dean’s lips turning a very light shade of blue.

“It’s fifteen degrees outside Dean. You’re not gonna get warm that way. You need to get out of those clothes before you get hypothermia, if it hasn’t already started.”

“Huh? Come on…it’s not that…b…b…bad. I’ll w…warm up in a b...b...bit.”

Sam rolled his eyes and reached into the backseat for his duffle bag. He pulled it upfront, unzipped it and started pulling out clothes. Dean watched him all the while scrunching his nose.

“What’re you doin?”

“Giving you dry clothes here put these on.”

“Dude I’m not wearing your crappy clothes.”

“Fine, then sit there and freeze and when Cas finally gets here I’ll just tell him you died because you didn’t want to wear my crappy clothes.”

Dean grumbled as he grabbed the t-shirt, sweater and sweatpants from Sam putting the clothes between them as he attempted to get his numb fingers to work.

“F…f…freakin drama queen.”

Sam let out a long breath as he watched his brother’s shaky hands attempting to unbutton his shirt. At this rate he’d be doing this all night.

“Do you need some help?”

The look Dean gave him had Sam shifting away from his brother.

“No bitch, I don’t need help. What am I a five year old? I know you just wanna touch my hot bod, but seriously dude restrain yourself I can undress myself thanks…”

Sam rolled his eyes again and leaned back in his seat as he listened to his brother struggle. Five minutes later a loud growl startled him out of the beginnings of sleep. He turned his head raising an eyebrow at his brother.

Dean was sitting there pants halfway down his legs, shirt stuck on his head covering his face as he shivered uncontrollably. Sam smirked, attempting to contain his laughter. Dean grumbled and spoke through the fabric.

“Yuck it up bitch, instead of l…l…laughing how about you f…f…freakin help me. I’m stuck, cold, and I think one or more of my fingers fell off.”

Sam only laughed harder as he reached out and pulled the wet shirts up and off him before tossing them in the back. He bent down yanking Dean’s pants the rest of the way off as Dean placed his head against the headrest.

“Christ…if this isn’t the most awkward situation I’ve ever freakin been in…”

“Oh stop complaining and knowing you I’m sure you’ve been in more awkward situations then this besides, it’s not too bad at least it’s me you got stuck with and not Bobby or someone.”

Dean snorted as Sam helped him pull on the sweats and the two shirts. When he finally moved back on his side of the car his brother’s arms were wrapped around himself and his body was wracked with tremors. Sam put the heat on full blast and moved the vents towards Dean.

A couple of minutes later he let out another stream of obscenities.

“It’s not working Sammy…Jesus after everything we’ve been through I’m gonna freakin die in the middle of nowhere because of a snowstorm! My tombstone’s gonna say Dean Winchester Awesome guy, Ladies man, Epic hunter…killed by snow!”

Sam had to bite his tongue to keep from hysterically laughing at his brother’s theatrics. Dean was slightly freaking out, which meant he must be worried that he honestly wasn’t gonna make it through the night.

Sam was sure if they could keep him warm enough he’d be fine. The amount of heat in the car was actually making him sweat.

“Well the only other thing I can think of that might help is body heat. I’m warm you can scoot over here and we could…band together until we get in touch with Cas.”

A look of horror crossed Dean’s face.

“I’m sorry I must have gone momentarily deaf…you want me to do what?”

Sam let out a frustrated noise.

“We can sit close and share body heat while we wait. It’s a legitimate way to keep warm stop being such an idiot.”

“You want me to…cuddle with you? Are you out of your damn mind? I’m not cuddling with you Sammy…you’d never call me in the morning.”

“Would you stop joking around?”

“Would you stop being so girly?”

Sam grunted and glared at his brother.

“Fine. I honestly don’t care anymore. Sit in front of the vent and freeze. I’m going to try and get some rest before I try Cas again.”

With that Sam turned his back and situated himself in a comfortable position against the seat. Dean watched Sam for a couple minutes before mouthing ‘son of a bitch’ as he blasted the heat on himself. It was working, but not enough to take the chill out of his body.

He shifted in his seat until he was by Sam. His brother was radiating all kinds of heat and it felt ridiculously good against his cold body. Sam turned slightly.

“Done being a baby?”

“Shut up. Just sit there, be quiet, and maybe I can pretend you’re a chick.”

“Like you cuddle with females.”

Dean blushed slightly and Sam smirked before letting out a loud chuckle.

“You’re a closet cuddler? Aww Dean…and I thought you were the wham bam thank you ma’am type.”

“Didn’t I tell you to shut it?”

Sam shifted and titled his head to get a better look at his older brother who was snuggled up to his side in his overly large hoodie. He opened his mouth, but Dean cut him off.

“If you ever tell anyone about this Sam, Lucifer will be the least of your worries got it?”

He swallowed hard at his brother’s tone.

“Got it.”

Dean fell asleep and Sam sighed. It was going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment