Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Always Comes Back (1/10)

Photobucket
Banner by: Sani

Title: Always Comes Back
Author: Sxymami0909
Rating: R
Pairing: Dean/Jo Sam/Madison
Spoilers: All of Seasons 1-2. This goes AU after ‘Born Under a Bad Sign’
Disclaimer: I own nothing; Kripke is the keeper of all…although if I were him I would have taken better care of Jo and Ellen.
Author’s Note: This is the sequel to Here Without You
Category: Romance, Supernatural, Humor,
Summary: It’s been two weeks since Jo’s possession and while Dean and Jo have taken up residence with Bobby in an attempt to work out some of their issues, Sam and Madison have continued their research on the yellow eyed demon and lycanthropy, but when the boys are called away on a job, and Jo makes her way back to the Roadhouse tensions are high. As Sam and Dean head off to fight a Dijin evil takes on a new face of someone close to the foursome who could threaten everything Dean holds dear.



Chapter 1


Bobby’s House
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
(18-Weeks)

Jo was startled awake by a loud noise. She stared at the ceiling for a second in confusion wondering where in the hell the noise was coming from. She reached out for Dean, but her hand only hit cold sheets. Jo frowned, sat up and winced.

Her back was killing her and in her opinion she looked like a whale. Being pregnant was a pain in the ass; she couldn’t wait until it was over. She got out of bed, tossed on pants and a tank top before making her way downstairs.

She heard clinking in the kitchen and figured Dean was getting food. Jo made her way into the room and spotted Bobby at the stove. She leaned against the door frame and rubbed her stomach.

“Morning.”

He turned and gave her a small smile.

“Mornin’ hungry?”

“Starving…do you know where Dean is?”

The smile left Bobby’s face and he grunted and turned back towards the stove.

“He’s out back workin’ on the car.”

“Oh, I’m gonna run outside…say good morning.”

As she walked past Bobby he touched her arm stopping her. She raised an eyebrow.

“Tread lightly Jo. He ain’t in the best of moods.”

She rolled her eyes.

“He hasn’t been in the best of moods since we got here Bobby, but thanks. I appreciate the warning.”

She gave him a tight smile before making her way out back. Jo stood on the porch watching Dean as he fiddled with something under the hood of impala. She sighed. Things had been stressful lately. After they booted that demon bitch out of her body, Dean had them packed and off to Bobby’s the next morning.

He hadn’t talked to Sam in over a week and any time his brother tried to call he’d feign being busy. It didn’t help that since the whole possession thing had happened, Jo had been having nightmares. She wasn’t sure if Dean blamed himself or Sam or even her, but she was tired of walking on eggshells.

They were going to get everything out in the open if it killed her. Jo made her way down the steps and towards the car.

“Mornin’ Deano.”

He turned his head and glanced at her.

“Mornin.”

She bit her lip.

“You must have gotten up early today…”

“I needed to work on the car.”

“Any chance you can do that later? I wanna talk to you.”

Dean shifted, but didn’t pull his head out from under the hood. This had been coming for a while he knew that. He really didn’t want to sit down and have a pow wow about his feelings with Jo, but he didn’t think he could avoid it anymore. She glared at him.

“Look I know you’re angry. Whether it’s at me or Sam or yourself. I don’t know, but I’m tired of this Dean. I don’t ask you for much. I respect your boundaries and I think I’m pretty laid back as far as girlfriends go especially with some of the shit you pull.”

She took a deep breath as he lifted his head out from under the hood and raised an eyebrow at her. Her arms were crossed against her chest, pushing the cleavage out of her tank top, her cheeks flushed from anger and arms covered in goose bumps from the chilly air outside.

“For once I just need you to talk to me. Whatever’s going on in that head I just…I need you to tell me because unfortunately I haven’t gained the ability to read minds just yet.”

Dean’s lip twitched trying to hold back a smile as he wiped his grease covered hands on the small rag. Jo bit her lip as she stood waiting for his reaction anxiously. He nodded and tossed the rag aside.

“Okay.”

Jo gave him a startled look.

“Okay?”

Dean nodded and Jo frowned.

“That’s it? Just okay? You’re not going to argue with me or pick a fight?”

Dean chuckled.

“No. I’ve been ignoring this shit fest we’re stuck in for two weeks Jo.”

He shrugged.

“How much longer can I really avoid it for?”

Her body deflated and she let out a long breath. He shut the impala’s hood and leaned against it.

“Good…”

He cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

“You realize though that this works both ways. If you expect me to open up you gotta answer my questions too.”

She nodded.

“I’m sorry.”

Dean frowned.

“For what?”

“For the whole Meg in my body beating on you thing…and for you know. Everything she said.”

“No apology necessary. That wasn’t your fault. We’ve all been there, well except me, but you get what I’m saying.”

She nodded as she took a step toward him. Dean reached out, grabbed her gently by the hips pulling her closer to him, her rounded belly touching his slightly. His fingers rubbed a spot on her hip as he spoke.

“At least we won’t have to worry about that anymore. According to Bobby this tattoo should keep the bitch at bay and all other demons too.”

She glanced down to where his finger was stroking her skin and grinned.

“Yeah, I love Bobby and is awesome ideas, plus I got a tattoo and it’s kinda sexy if I don’t say so myself.”

She waggled her eyebrows at him and Dean let out a hearty laugh as he shook his head.

“Speaking of possessions my Mom’s still pissed at us. I heard from Ash she’s been giving Sammy the cold shoulder.”

Dean winced at his brother’s name.

“Hmm, I don’t doubt it.”

Jo reached up and turned his face back towards her.

“Hey…we need to talk about that too.”

Dean let out a sigh.

“First I want to know what the nightmares are about.”

Jo made a face and pulled away from him slightly.

“Dean…”

He frowned.

“Don’t Dean me. I woke up the other night and you were thrashing in your sleep. I heard you call out his name Jo, begging him to stop.”

She swallowed hard. She hadn’t told him about the nightmares because things were already so tense between Sam and Dean and she hadn’t wanted to make it worse. Their eyes met and she could see determination on his face. He wasn’t going to let this go. She sighed.

“When Meg was in my body…she showed me what she had planned the night she took over Sam’s body and came to Duluth. She just…played it over and over in my head like a movie. I know it’s not Sam…I know he’d never do those things to me…but it’s his face and I can’t help panicking slightly.”

Dean’s jaw was tense as her voice quivered slightly towards the end of her sentence. He was angry. At Meg, at Sam, hell basically at the whole damn world. Ever since he found out Jo was pregnant it’s been one bad thing after another happening to them and Sam seemed to be in the middle of it all.

He knew Sam and Madison had been researching the yellow eyed demon and maybe that’s what this was all about. Maybe what his father said had been true. What would he do if Sam went dark side? How would he protect Jo and his daughter from his brother?

Dean ran a hand over his face before glancing at Jo. She looked tired as she held a hand against her back. He frowned slightly.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, my backs just been hurting me a little, no big deal.”

Dean moved away from the car and walked toward her.

“Come on, it’s cold out here. You eat yet?”

He took her hand as Jo shook her head.

“No, but Bobby’s making breakfast.”

They walked up the back steps and Dean opened the door for her.

“Well why don’t we eat and then take a drive. I got somthin I wanna show you.”

Jo raised an eyebrow.

“What is it?”

“A surprise.”

He nudged her inside closing the door behind them. The noise got Bobby’s attention and he grunted.

“Just in time, breakfasts ready.”

They sat around the table picking at the food when Bobby cleared his throat. Dean glanced up as Bobby slid a piece of paper in his direction.

“Got a job for you.”

Dean wiped his mouth and took the paper looking it over. He nodded.

“Looks good.”

He turned to Jo and took a deep breath.

“You ready to head back to the Roadhouse?”

She shrugged as she pushed the food around her plate.

“I guess. I need to talk to Madison…and my mom.”

Dean shifted his eyes towards Bobby.

“I guess we’ll head out later today then. Thanks for letting us crash here for the past two weeks Bobby…I appreciate it.”

Bobby waved him off.

“No need to thank me. Now go on get yer stuff together you’re losing day light.”

Dean finished the last of his food before standing. Jo pushed back her chair, but Dean put a hand on her shoulder stopping her.

“Don’t, I got it. Rest and finish eating. We’ll head out when you’re done.”

He kissed the top of her head as she spoke.

“What about the surprise?”

“Rain check. I’ll show you the next time we visit Bobby.”

She sighed, but nodded as he jogged up the stairs. Bobby looked at her brows furrowed.

“He’s in a better mood…what’d you do?”

“No idea.”

Dean made his way upstairs and started getting everything together. With each new thing he packed into the bag another weight was hefted onto his shoulder. After everything happened he’d taken Jo and left. Now it was time to deal with the fallout.

He was going to have to talk to Ellen, but worse than that he was going to have to work things out with Sammy and that worried him. He loved his brother more than anything, but what if there really was something evil brewing inside of him.

Would Dean be willing to do what it took to protect the people he cared about or would he sacrifice the lives of innocent people so he could save his brother…

Chapter Two

No comments:

Post a Comment