Saturday, May 14, 2011

Always Comes Back (2/10)

Photobucket
Banner by: Sani

Chapter One

Chapter 2


The Roadhouse
Nebraska
(18-Weeks)



Sam was pouring a cup of coffee when Ellen walked into the kitchen. She stopped and glanced around the small space. The room was clean, table set, and breakfast made. Her eyes drifted to Sam who stood there nervously, hand outstretched, offering her the medium-sized mug.

She wanted to hate him for what he did to Jo, but she couldn’t. Sam was the type of person who was inherently good, but had been given a raw deal. That demon…Meg, had possessed him just like she had Jo. Was she going to blame Jo for what happened two weeks ago?

Of course not. She knew her daughter just like she knew Sam, but sometimes things weren’t that easy. They lied to her, all three of them and as much as she wanted to put the last two weeks behind her it was going to take more than a cup of coffee.

She sighed and took the cup from him.

“Thank you.”

She sat at the table and Sam grabbed another mug full of coffee before joining her. They sat in silence while Ellen sipped her coffee. Sam swallowed hard and broke the silence.

“If you want me to leave I will. Madison and I can go stay with Bobby.”

Ellen frowned.

“You think I want you to leave?”

Sam shrugged a lost look on his face.

“To be honest Ellen, I’m not exactly sure what you want me to do, but whatever it is…I’ll do it.”

Ellen studied Sam closely. His face was wary and tired. She could see the pain in his eyes. She spoke to Bobby the other day and apparently Dean hadn’t spoken to Sam since he and Jo left for South Dakota. She could only imagine the guilt inside these kids.

The tension left her shoulders as she reached across the table and took Sam’s hand. Shock registered on his face as his eyes met Ellen’s.

“I want you to talk to me Sam. Can you do that?”

He nodded hesitating for a minute before speaking.

“I’m…worried Ellen.”

Sam looked down at the table as he continued speaking in a soft voice.

“Everything’s all messed up. Maddie’s still mad at me for something that happened before I even met her and I know it’s affecting her friendship with Jo. They haven’t talked in days. You’ve been so amazing since we came back here and I hate disappointing you. You’re like family, we don’t have much of that left…and I hate that I let you down…”

He took a deep breath and she didn’t interrupt him.

“Dean won’t even answer my calls and I still don’t know what all of this has to do with my psychic abilities and the yellow eyed demon, but most of all…I’m scared that Meg was right…that my feelings for Jo aren’t as platonic as I think they are.”

Surprise flittered across Ellen’s face as Sam finally looked at her, tears glistening in his eyes. She wasn’t sure what to say. She figured out of everything that had gone wrong these past two weeks that would be the one thing Sam wouldn’t be questioning.

“Are you sure?”

Sam shook his head.

“No, but lately…I’ve been dreaming about her…and stuff…”

His voice trailed off and red tinged his face. Ellen frowned.

“Do you love my daughter Sam?”

He looked at Ellen concentration on his face. Did he love Jo? She was a great girl and of course he loved her, she was family, his niece’s mother…and sure she was attractive, but he was pretty sure he was in love with Madison.

“I think I’m…attracted to her, but no…I don’t love her.”

She patted his hand.

“Then you ain’t got nothin to worry about. Sam, you can fix this you just need to stop feelin so guilty for things you can’t possibly control. First you need to talk to that girlfriend of yours. Reassure her that she’s the one you want and let me work on that stubborn ass brother of yours.”

Sam chuckled lightly and gave Ellen half a smile.

“Thanks Ellen I mean it. You’ve been so great. I really am sorry about everything.”

She nodded.

“I know sweetie. Besides, you and your brother…you’re family. Now get…go talk to Madison.”

“Yes ma’am.”

He pushed his chair back giving her a small smile before making his way down the hall. Ellen watched him go and sighed. Everything wasn’t miraculously fixed but it was a start. She was in the process of lifting the coffee mug to her lips when the phone rang.

She sighed as she got up answering it.

“Harvelle’s.”

“Heya Ellen.”

She smiled as she leaned against the doorframe.

“Hey Bobby those kids drivin you crazy yet?”

His chuckle drifted through the phone.

“Nah, they’re not so bad. I was callin to lecha know they’ll probably be headin back your way at some point today. Someone called about a job. I thought it might be a good idea to let the boys handle it.”

“Good idea. Those two need something to get them talkin again.”

Bobby grunted and Ellen could hear a loud squeal on the other end of the phone.

“Idjiots…I gotta go Ellen. I’m sure I’ll talk to ya soon.”

She grinned as she spoke.

“See ya Bobby.”

Ellen shook her head as she hung up the phone. At least she wasn’t the only one those two drove crazy. She walked over to the sink, dropped her mug in it, and went to go find Ash.

Sam made his way to the end of the hallway and noticed the door to his and Madison’s room was slightly ajar. He pushed it open and she glanced up from her position on the bed, open book in her lap. He stood there shuffling his feet and she gave him a small smile.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

Madison closed the book on her lap and placed it on the nightstand.

“Sam...”

“Madison…”

They laughed and she motioned to him.

“Go ahead.”

He moved over to the bed and sat down next to her.

“I don’t want to fight with you anymore Maddie. I know things have been crazy and I dumped a lot of information on you these past two weeks, but you told me to be honest with you. You wanted to know everything so I didn’t hold back.”

She took his hand and nodded.

“And I’m glad you didn’t.”

Sam frowned.

“You are?”

“Of course. The only thing I’ve ever asked for from you is honesty Sam.”

Confusion settled over his face.

“Then why have things been so awkward between us lately? Have your feelings for me changed? Do you see me differently now because of what you know?”

Madison could see the nervousness on his face mixed with self loathing and she reached out caressing his cheek, speaking softly.

“No, if anything I see everything you’ve overcome and it only makes me care about you more. I haven’t meant for things to be weird I just…I need to know that this thing,”

She motioned between them.

“Isn’t just some phase for you. I don’t want to wake up tomorrow and have you decide this isn’t what you want, that you’d rather be with someone else.”

Her voice trailed off and she looked away from him and it hit Sam that this whole time he’d thought she had been pulling away from him because everything she’d found out was too much for her, when in reality she had been pulling away because she was afraid of losing him.

She was afraid he had feelings for Jo even if she hadn’t come out and said it. Sam grinned, lifting her chin with his hand. She swallowed hard as he leaned in pressing his lips against hers in a soft kiss. She kissed him back wrapping her arms around his neck as his slid around her waist pulling her closer.

They broke apart foreheads leaning against each other. She smiled and Sam chuckled lightly before pulling back so they were eye level with each other.

“Maddie I love you…no don’t say anything. I know we’ve only been together a few months and it sounds ridiculous for me to say something like that, but it’s true. I haven’t felt this way about a woman since Jessica. I feel like I’ve known you forever and I don’t plan on going anywhere. You have nothing to worry about. Got it?”

Tears pooled in her eyes as she inclined her head, pulled herself to her knees and planted a firm kiss on his lips before moving to the side of his face, cheek against cheek. He could feel her hot breath against his ear as her voice floated out in a whisper.

“I love you too…”

Those words propelled him forward as he pushed Madison back on the bed lips covering hers with a passion that made her weak in the knees. Sam grazed his hands down her side, slipping them under and up her shirt, grasping at her skin.

Madison let out a moan as her body arched into Sam’s hands. One of the things she loved about Sam was how passionate he was in bed. The way his hands molded to her body like they were trying to memorize every curve, every crevice.

She reached up unbuttoning his shirt, pushing it off his shoulders as his hands went to her pants. She bit her lip as he glided the zipper on down, pulling them off her legs. Sam tossed her jeans on the floor as he focused on placing small wet kisses up her body.

He shifted, leaning his body over her, lips clashing together, hands palming her breasts. The small moans falling from her mouth were driving him crazy as his hand slithered down her body brushing against the elastic of her panties.

Right as his hand pushed through elastic, fingers sliding against her slick folds, his cell phone rang. He grunted and her arms came up fingers grasping his biceps as she shook her head frantically.

“No…Sam please…it’s been more than two weeks…don’t make a girl beg.”

A lopsided smirk pulled at her lips and Sam chuckled ignoring the phone. He started moving his fingers making her gasp as she thrust against him. Sam could hear her breathing quicken, but was distracted by the constant ringing of his cell phone.

Madison groaned as he added another finger jerking it slightly harder than he meant to. The ringing stopped and then started again. He reached over grabbing it off the night stand and flipping it open. The irritation in his voice was clear.

“WHAT?”

The line was quiet for a second before a hard voice drifted towards his ears.

“Sam…”

Hi body tensed fingers stilling inside Madison her eyes popping open as she whimpered.

“Damn it Sammy I’m so close don’t stop.”

He met her eyes and swallowed hard, grip tightening on the phone.

“Dean?”

Madison’s eyes widened slightly as she sighed and plopped her head back on the bed. There goes her orgasm. Sam gave her an apologetic look as he slipped his hand out of her panties and stood up.

“Yeah…listen Jo and I are heading back to the Roadhouse…we got a job.”

Sam frowned. He hadn’t talked to Dean in two weeks and his brother was acting like he hadn’t been ignoring him all this time.

“A job?”

“Yeah…you know hunting.”

“Dean I haven’t heard from you in two weeks.”

“I know…we’ll talk about it when I get there…okay?”

Sam scratched his head.

“I guess…Dean I’m really sorry about…”

“Don’t…not right now. We’ll talk about it when I get back.”

Sam glowered at the phone. Things always had to be on Dean’s terms that was another problem between them.

“Fine. I’ll see you later then.”

Sam closed the phone and glanced at Madison propped up on the pillows, arms crossed over her chest, a sympathetic look on her face.

“Sorry…”

She shrugged.

“It’s okay…for now…so what happened?”

“They’re coming home.”

Chapter Three

No comments:

Post a Comment