Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here Without You (2/10)

Title: Here Without You
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Dean/Jo Sam/Madison
Spoilers: All of Seasons 1-2. This goes AU after ‘Born Under a Bad Sign’
Disclaimer: I own nothing; Kripke is the keeper of all…although if I were him I would have taken better care of Jo and Ellen. *Sigh*
Category: Romance, Supernatural, Humor,
Summary: Sequel to Everything I Need It’s been two weeks since the boys got back from California and when their called away on another job…the unknown dangers their leaving behind could cost them more than they are willing to lose. Jo’s well into her second trimester, Madison’s dealing with the revelation that she’ll always be a Werewolf, and Bobby and Ellen are trying to find Ash as Sam and Dean head into the big house.



Chapter 2
The Roadhouse
(16-Weeks)



Ellen dropped a third pancake on the plate before placing in front of Sam. He gave her half a smile before picking up his fork and cutting into the food. He was the first one awake aside from Ellen and he could barely look her in the eye after what he saw last night.

It brought back vivid memories of what Meg had planned to do to Jo while she was in Sam’s body and he couldn’t help, but feel awful for his reaction last night. When he saw Jo, head thrown back, naked, and writhing in pleasure for a split second he had wanted to be Dean.

Which didn’t make any sense, he was happy with Madison and he didn’t think of Jo in that way. Sam sighed as he pushed his food around on his plate.

“What’s got you all pouty sweetie?”

Sam glanced up at Ellen and shrugged.

“Uh…nothing…I just…it’s a long story.”

Ellen watched him as she wiped her hands on the cloth.

“I’m here if you need to talk Sam you know that right?”

Sam nodded and Madison took that moment to walk into the room.

“Morning Ellen…hey you…”

She grinned and leaned down capturing Sam’s lips with hers. He cupped her cheek and deepened it briefly before pulling away.

“Morning.”

Madison glanced at Ellen with a smile.

“Need some help?”

“An extra pair of hands never hurt anyone.”

Madison went over and started helping with breakfast and a minute later the sound of heavy boots could be heard in the hallway. Dean made his way into the kitchen in a foul mood. His eyes immediately found Sam’s. Sam tensed and put his fork down. The look in his brother’s eyes was not a pleasant one.

“Sammy I need to talk to you.”

Ellen and Madison turned around glanced between Sam and Dean before looking at each other. Something was up. Jo had just gotten out of the bathroom and was looking down brushing off her white tank top as she walked into the kitchen.

She slammed into Dean’s back, ‘omphed’, and Dean reached behind him and steadied her. She looked up and glanced around the kitchen at everyone staring at her before frowning. She was getting extremely tired with always having everyone around. What did she have to do to get a little privacy?

Dean turned toward her eyebrow raised and she grumbled a sorry before moving around him. She could feel eyes on her and when she looked at the table Sam was watching her. A red blush creeped over Jo’s face and Dean glared at Sam.

He kicked the leg of Sam’s chair startling him.

“I said I need to talk to you.”

“Yeah…okay.”

“Outside.”

Dean turned around and headed out the back door. Sam pushed away from the table, stood up, and shook his head before following Dean out the back door. Madison frowned at their backs as she wiped her hands on a towel and raised an eyebrow at Ellen and Jo.

“What’s going on?”

Ellen shrugged.

“Beats me. You know what Dean’s upset about Jo?”

Jo grunted.

“It’s been a long night. I don’t feel like talkin’ about it.”

She looked over in the pan and scrunched up her nose at the smell of the pancakes.

“I’m just gonna grab some of the left over pie.”

Ellen frowned as Jo moved over to the fridge.

“Joanna Beth…that ain’t a proper breakfast for someone whose four months pregnant.”

Ellen’s voice trailed off as Jo slammed the fridge and turned to face her mother with a glare on her face. Madison swallowed hard. It looks like Dean wasn’t the only one to wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning…



********


As soon as they were out back Dean turned on Sam and pointed at him.

“What the hell is going on with you?”

Sam frowned.

“Nothing…listen Dean…I’m sorry about last night. It was…I didn’t mean to…walk in on that. It’s not like I did it on purpose.”

Dean watched Sam’s face and he could see he was uncomfortable with this conversation, but he saw Sam’s face last night. The look in his eyes when he looked at Jo…Dean swallowed hard and tried to relax his body. He wasn’t sure what was going on with his brother, but he knew something was off and it worried him.

“Have you been feeling alright lately Sammy? No headaches or nightmares?”

Dean saw Sam’s body tense as his brother moved on the defensive. He crossed his arms over his chest and spoke.

“Dean I’m fine, I wish you’d stop asking me that. Nothing’s going on. I think you’re taking this whole thing a little too far. I didn’t mean to walk in on you guys. Next time I’ll knock, Jesus.”

Sam turned around and Dean spoke stopping him in his tracks.

“It’s not about you walkin in on us…you’ve just seemed off lately that’s all. You’re my brother I’m worried about you Sammy.”

Dean’s voice trailed off as he rubbed the back of his neck and shifted his feet.

Sam sighed.

“Dean I’m fine.”

“You’d tell me if something was wrong wouldn’t you?”

Sam hesitated before nodding and Dean frowned. He opened his mouth, but before he could say anything their attention was drawn to the raised voice coming from the open door not ten feet away. They glanced at each other before jogging back into the kitchen. Dean was the first one inside and he saw Jo pointing at Ellen with a look of furry on her face.

“I’m sick and tired of this mom! I can’t take you constantly on my back twenty-four, seven about what I’m doin, what I’m eatin, and everything else. I’m a grown ass woman! I’m gonna be havin a kid of my own soon and I’m tired of being treated like a child!”

Dean’s face creased in confusion. What was she going on about? He cleared his throat and all three women looked at him. He raised an eyebrow at Jo.

“What’s goin on Jo?”

“She’s being ridiculous. I wanted a piece of pie…but no of course I can’t have pie for breakfast, it’s not healthy.”

She rolled her eyes and Dean looked completely dumbfounded. They were fighting about pie? Dean glanced carefully at Ellen who gave him the same baffled look. He had no clue what to say to Jo. He wasn’t good with situations like this. Sam took a step forward and spoke in a soothing voice.

“Jo why don’t you just calm down a little, sit down and I can grab you some pie from the fridge.”

Jo turned her glare on Sam and poked him in the chest.

“You, be quiet pervert.”

Dean chuckled lightly as Sam grimaced.

“Hey! I’m…I’m not a…pervert.”

Jo rolled her eyes.

“Mmm whatever you say. You could have averted your eyes last night you know.”

Sam flushed red and opened his mouth to say something, but Dean cut him off.

“Okay…everyone just chill the hell out.”

He pinched the bridge of his nose before looking at Jo.

“Jo…nobody loves pie more than me okay, but maybe we should give the kid something with the pie. How ‘bout some pancakes? Or eggs?”

Jo pouted and plopped into a seat at the table.

“Maybe some eggs…with bacon and cheese.”

Dean grinned.

“That’s my girl. Madison think you can make some eggs while I talk to Ellen real quick?”

She glanced between Jo and Sam with confusion on her face before nodding. Dean patted Sam’s back while trying not to laugh at the expression on his brother’s face before leaving the room with Ellen in tow. They walked out into the bar and Dean turned hands in the air. His voice was low when he spoke, but Ellen could hear the bafflement in it.

“What happened?”

Ellen shrugged.

“I mentioned the pie and she just went off. It’s probably the hormones…I should have known something like this was gonna happen, we haven’t been gettin’ along too well recently.”

Dean rubbed a hand over his face and sighed.

“I got a call last night…Sam and I gotta head out for a job, but when we get back I was thinkin maybe Jo and I could go stay with Bobby for a little bit.”

Dean watched Ellen’s face as she nodded.

“Something’s been bothering her and she won’t talk about it. I think that there’s just too many people around. Bobby’s place has more room…it’ll only be for a week or so I think she just needs to get away.”

“Makes sense. Well you two are adults…you do what you need to do. Does Jo know you’re leavin?”

Dean shook his head.

“I just checked my messages this morning I’m gonna tell her now.”

“Well get to it.”

Dean sighed and headed back toward the kitchen. Jo was sitting at the table laughing with Madison as Sam glowered at them. It amazed Dean how quickly Jo’s moods changed. He was just happy that he finally had an excuse to get away for a couple of days.

Not from Jo, things with them had been going pretty good since he got back. It was just hard getting used to living in a house with other people in his space. Dean wasn’t crazy about it and he knew lately it had been getting on Jo’s nerves too.

He forgot that Jo had been on the road practically since they got back from that Job in Philadelphia. This had been the longest amount of time she’d spent home in a while, no wonder she was cranky. Jo craned her head and grinned at him.

“Saved you some eggs.”

Dean nodded, walked toward the table, leaned down, and kissed her forehead before taking the seat next to her. He picked a couple pieces of bacon off her plate and stuffed his face as he spoke.

“That call I missed last night was a friend of our dad’s.”

Dean glanced at Sam as he continued speaking.

“His name’s Deacon…he’s havin’ a haunting issue where he works…needs our help.”

Sam’s head perked up.

“Where?”

“Arkansas.”

“When do we leave?”

Dean tried to hide his smile; Sammy was getting cabin fever too. He glanced at his watch.

“I told him we’d be there in about two days. We can head out in a couple of hours.”

Sam nodded and stood up.

“I better grab a shower than…”

Madison got up and put her dish in the sink before leaning against the counter and looking at Sam with a raised eyebrow.

“Want me to get your duffle together while you shower?”

Sam smirked.

“Thanks Maddie.”

She walked toward Sam and he put an arm around her as they left the room. Dean rolled his eyes as he turned Jo’s chair so she was facing him. She gave him a curious look and he made a face.

“You’re quiet.”

“I’m eating.”

“The job shouldn’t take more than a couple of days and then I was thinkin maybe we can go visit Bobby for a little bit.”

Jo’s head whipped around toward Dean and her face lit up with a smile.

“Seriously?”

“Yup.”

“You know…that’s the best idea you’ve had in a while…”

“Thought maybe you could use a break and that way we can try to…you know…figure some shit out.”

She nodded, leaned in, and captured his lips with hers. He could taste the ketchup and eggs on her breath when he deepened the kiss. She pulled away and he groaned as she stood. She pulled on his arm and smirked at him.

“Come on Deano…I’ll help you pack your duffle too.”

Dean frowned in confusion as he let her lead him towards her room.

“You never help me pack my bag.”

Jo rolled her eyes.

“How are you so clueless? You’re supposed to be Mr. smooth…packing your ‘bag’ is a euphemism…”

“Oh…OH…”

As Dean slammed the door shut behind them the room filled with laughter and Ellen did her best to tune out the two couples in her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment