Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here Without You (6/10)

Title: Here Without You
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Dean/Jo Sam/Madison
Spoilers: All of Seasons 1-2. This goes AU after ‘Born Under a Bad Sign’
Disclaimer: I own nothing; Kripke is the keeper of all…although if I were him I would have taken better care of Jo and Ellen. *Sigh*
Category: Romance, Supernatural, Humor,
Summary: Sequel to Everything I Need It’s been two weeks since the boys got back from California and when their called away on another job…the unknown dangers their leaving behind could cost them more than they are willing to lose. Jo’s well into her second trimester, Madison’s dealing with the revelation that she’ll always be a Werewolf, and Bobby and Ellen are trying to find Ash as Sam and Dean head into the big house.



Chapter 6
The Roadhouse
(16-Weeks)


Jo stood behind the bar as she washed and stacked the glasses on top of one another. She was going to kill Dean. Last night after coming clean with Madison about a few things that had been on her mind for a while, they’d been relaxing when they heard a crash in the kitchen.

They’d gone out there, guns drawn to find her mom staring at the TV, groceries all over the floor. When Jo turned to the TV and caught a glimpse of the sketch her eyes had gone wide and she almost dropped her gun. Dean’s face was plastered on TV with a scrolling message saying suspect in custody.

As soon as she was able to form coherent thoughts Jo had picked up the phone and called Bobby. She yelled and screamed as she pointed at the TV even though Bobby couldn’t see what she was doing. When Jo had finally calmed down enough to listen, Bobby told her this was all a part of the plan and the boys would be fine and home soon.

That had pissed her off more. She gave the phone a shocked look before promptly hanging up on Bobby, walking to her room, and slamming the door. She placed another glass to her left and sighed. She was still pretty mad. How could Dean not mention this part of the hunt.

Like oh yeah by the way Jo, Sam and I need to let the police catch us and throw us in jail so we can off some badass spirit. Just letting you know…She huffed. Sometimes Dean could be such an ass. The front door to the bar opened and without looked up Jo called out.

“We’re closed.”

Ash stepped over the threshold and grinned as he watched Jo putting stuff away.

“Well damn…I’ll just have to come back later then…”

He let his voice trail off and Jo’s head shot up as a grin lit up her face. She moved out from behind the bar and ran towards Ash as fast as the extra weight would let her.

“Ash!”

When she reached him she threw her arms around his neck and he wrapped his loosely around her waist. When Jo pulled back Ash grinned and then caught sight of her small belly. He looked up, raised an eyebrow, and scratched the back of his neck.

“Well shit…who went and put a bun in your oven?”

Jo opened her mouth right as Ellen and Madison ran out from the back.

“What in the hell is going on Jo? We heard screaming….Ash? I’ll be damned.”

Ellen grinned as she made her way over and pulled Ash into a hug. He chuckled and when she released him his eyes wondered over to Madison. He grinned and sidled up next to her.

“Well hey there darlin’…I ain’t see you around here before….the names Ash, but they call me Dr. Badass…”

His voice trailed off as he leered at Madison. Jo rolled her eyes and punched Ash in the shoulder lightly.

“Madison this is Ash, Ash this is Madison…Sam’s girlfriend.”

His head jerked toward Jo.

“Winchester?”

Jo nodded.

Ash looked between Ellen, Madison, and Jo before letting out a loud chuckle.

“I take it that’s Dean’s bun cookin’ in there…well shit…I shoulda seen that one comin’. The Winchester boys here?”

Jo shook her head.

“Nah they’re on a hunt.”

He nodded and glanced around.

“Place looks the same. Well I been drivin all night…I’m gonna crash.”

Ellen nodded.

“Get some rest we could use the help tonight when we open.”

Ash walked off toward his room and sent a salute Ellen’s way without turning around.

“You got it…Nice ta’ meetcha Maddie.”

He winked at her as he passed by and a chill ran up her spine. She gave him a tight smile as he disappeared in the back. Ellen moved behind the bar as Jo started wiping down the tables. Madison made her way back to the room she shared with Sam and closed the door behind her.

She frowned. That was strange, she got the oddest feeling from Ash. She shook her head and chuckled to herself. Look at her. A few months with Sam and she was getting strange vibes. How silly was that? She plopped on the bed and lifted a book on werewolf lore from the nightstand.

She’d been doing as much research should could in order to learn more about her situation. Apparently there was a legend about a few people who were turned, but were able to get control over the change. So instead of beasting out on the full moon they were able to tap into the strength, agility, and all the other supernatural skills that came with being a werewolf, without actually changing.

Bobby was looking into it for her and Sam. She glanced over a couple of chapters, but after about a half hour the feeling that something was off still hadn’t left and Madison was starting to worry. She picked up her cell phone and dialed Bobby’s number.

A gruff voice answered after two rings.

“’ello…”

“Hey Bobby…it’s Madison.”

“Hey darlin’ what can I do for you?”

“Umm I actually just had a couple of questions. I was wondering if you had any news on that group of people that Mr. Winchester mentioned in his journal…”

Her voice trailed off at Bobby’s sigh.

“I been trying my damndest…nothing solid yet. I got a lead so I’ll let you know what happens with that as soon as the guy calls me back.”

“Thanks Bobby. Sam and I really appreciate all the trouble you’re going through. I hate being such a nuisance.”

“Has Sam complained that you’ve been trouble?”

Madison was startled by his question.

“What? No of course not.”

Bobby chuckled.

“Then you ain’t got nothin’ to worry about. It’s no problem. I ain’t seen Sam this happy in a long time.”

She smiled.

“Thanks Bobby…that means a lot. Uh…I have one more question it’s slightly odd though.”

“Let’s have it.”

“Werewolves…I know once a month when I change I get all these different abilities…well I was wondering if it possible to tap into some of them the rest of the month? And if you can do werewolves have like…a sixth sense or something like that?”

Madison rushed through the words and Bobby frowned.
“Is everything okay there Madison?”

“Yeah, yeah everything’s fine I just…I got a strange feeling today…like something isn’t right and it just won’t go away. I’m probably just being paranoid aren’t I?”

Bobby hesitated before speaking.

“In this life we don’t take any chances. I’ll look into it and get back to you later today let you know what I find. Until then be careful.”

Madison swallowed hard.

“I will. Thanks again Bobby…I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yup.”

The line went dead and Madison tossed her cell phone aside. Right as she picked up the book again there was a knock on the door before it opened halfway. Jo popped her head in with a smile.

“Hey…”

“Hey back.”

“You busy? I was hoping maybe we could get some more shootin’ practice in today if you’re up for it.”

Madison closed the book and grinned.

“You know…I’d actually love that. Shooting something is just what I need to do right now.”

Jo chuckled as Madison got off the bed, grabbed Sam’s gun, and went into a draw to grab some bullets. She turned and Jo moved aside so she could get through the door.

“What are we waitin’ for?”

Jo shrugged.

“Not a damn thing…this’ll be good. It’ll help me work out my aggression so I don’t shoot Dean when he comes back.”

Madison let out a loud laugh as they made their way out back. Sometimes she didn’t know how those two managed to not kill each other. Sam was right…they were the most volatile couple Madison had ever seen, but oddly enough…for them it seemed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment