Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here Without You (4/10)

Title: Here Without You
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Dean/Jo Sam/Madison
Spoilers: All of Seasons 1-2. This goes AU after ‘Born Under a Bad Sign’
Disclaimer: I own nothing; Kripke is the keeper of all…although if I were him I would have taken better care of Jo and Ellen. *Sigh*
Category: Romance, Supernatural, Humor,
Summary: Sequel to Everything I Need It’s been two weeks since the boys got back from California and when their called away on another job…the unknown dangers their leaving behind could cost them more than they are willing to lose. Jo’s well into her second trimester, Madison’s dealing with the revelation that she’ll always be a Werewolf, and Bobby and Ellen are trying to find Ash as Sam and Dean head into the big house.



Chapter 4
The Roadhouse
(16-Weeks)


Ellen tapped her fingers against the counter as she tried Ash’s number for the third time. She and Bobby had spent the past two weeks trying to get a hold of him and at this point she was ready to have Bobby head out to look for him. Just as Ellen was about to hang up, the ringing stopped?

“Yo…”

“Ash?”

“…Ellen…”

She rolled her eyes.

“Ash where you been boy? I got a mind to knock you over the head. You were supposed to be back here two weeks ago. You alright?”

“I’m good. We sorta hada issue here…phone ended up in the river…had to wait for a new one.”

Ellen sighed.

“You scared us half to death…I was about to send Bobby after you.”

She heard Ash chuckle on the other end of the phone.

“Well shit I didn’t know you cared so much…”

She glared at the amusement in his voice.

“You’re missing a lot…Jo’s back.”

“Ah the prodigal daughter finally returns…nice.”

“Yeah…with friends…we got guests.”

“These guests…are any of ‘em female?”

Ellen snorted and she could imagine Ash’s grin on the other end of the phone. He continued talking before she could say anything.

“I’ll be back in a day or so. I was gonna head out tonight. You can fill Dr. Badass in on all the crazy happenings when I get back.”

“I’m holdin’ you to that.”

“Got it…”

“I’ll see you soon.”

“Too true…”

The line went dead and Ellen shook her head. She was glad he was fine, but something was still strange about him not checkin’ in all that time. She shook her head. She was always trying to look for problems that weren’t there. She moved away from the bar and into the back before calling out to the girls.

“I’m runnin to the store. Anyone need anything?”

“No thanks Ellen, I’m okay.”

Ellen shrugged her jacket on and waited a minute more before calling out to Jo.

“Jo?”

“No.”

Ellen sighed. And to think when Dean said he was bringing her baby home she had been happy about it…now…well let’s just say Ellen would be happy when Jo finally got that kid out of her. Maybe she’d be a little more pleasant then. She grabbed her keys and headed out the door.

Madison heard the door shut behind Ellen and she cautiously knocked on Jo’s door.

“ S’ open.”

She pushed open the door and glanced at Jo lying above her covers staring at the ceiling hands folded over her protruding belly. She walked over and Jo glanced at her with half a smile. Madison returned her smile.

“Got room for one more here?”

Jo shifted her body as Madison slid onto the bed beside her. It was quiet and the silence was comfortable, but she knew something was bothering Jo…she just wasn’t sure how to broach the subject. Jo’s voice startled Madison out of her thoughts.

“Well come on…let’s have it.”

“Have what?”

Jo laughed lightly.

“Whatever it is you want to say. I take it you didn’t come in here to stare at the ceiling with me.”

Madison chuckled and shrugged as she turned her head toward Jo.

“I’m starting to think we spend too much time together.”

Jo grinned.

“I’m good at reading people. So what’s on your mind.”

“Actually…that’s what I was going to ask you.”

Jo frowned slightly and glanced at Madison. She opened her mouth, but before she had a chance to say anything Madison interrupted her.

“And before you say your fine…remember I’m pretty good at reading people too…and I also spend eight-five percent of my time with you so…”

Jo sighed and looked back up at the ceiling. There were a lot of things that were currently bothering her…hell had been bothering her for a while now, but sitting around complaining about them wasn’t really something she wanted to do.

Just when Madison had given up on Jo answering her question she spoke in a quiet voice without looking at her.

“I…I feel all cooped up. You know I care about Dean…I wouldn’t deal with his shit if I didn’t…but sometimes…I resent him. I know that sounds horrible and I know this…”

She motioned to her stomach before continuing.

“Isn’t all his fault, but he gets to take off when things get too heavy. Do you know what I’d give to be able to go on a hunt right now to get rid of some of this pent up energy? This is the longest I been in one place since I took off to hunt on my own. I didn’t think coming home would be this hard…”

Jo shrugged and Madison gave her a sympathetic look.

“I didn’t realize that…”

Jo laughed.

“Well I don’t broadcast it…it’s funny…no one says it, but everyone is waiting for Dean to realize what he’s gotten himself into and run in the other direction. Bobby…my mom…Sam…”

She turned to face Madison as a look of pain crossed her face and she hesitated before speaking.

“But they don’t understand Dean. Not really anyway…maybe Sam does, but even he doesn’t get everything. I’m not worried about Dean leaving. Yeah, he’s an ass…yes he flirts with anything that has breasts…he’s loud, obnoxious, immature, and “badass”.”

Jo rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.
“But he can also be sweet, caring, protective…and loyal to a fault. They don’t see him the way I do. The gentle touches…the soft moments…the way he occasionally talks to my stomach when he thinks I’m sleeping. Dean might not always be interested in me but he’ll always love this child.”

Madison swallowed hard and nodded as tears formed in Jo’s eyes.

“Family is the most important thing to him…he’s accepted this…the problem is…I’m not sure if I have.”

Madison’s eyes widened slightly and Jo rushed on before she could say anything.

“Some days…knowing that there’s a piece of me and Dean in here…makes me so happy I could burst and other days…I think…who would want to bring a kid into this world? I don’t want my kid to grow up without a father like I did, but I would never ask Dean to give up hunting. It’s part of who he is…I just…I don’t know if I can do this…”

Jo swallowed her pride as she put her fears on the table. It was too hard to talk to Dean about stuff like this, but she and Madison had gotten close. She trusted her. A single tear slid down her cheek as she met Madison’s eyes.

“I’m scared…”

Madison’s eyes watered and she impulsively reached over and embraced Jo. The hug was awkward for a couple seconds before Jo hugged her back. After a minute Madison felt Jo’s body shaking against hers and she frowned slightly as she pulled away.

When she moved back she was laughing through her tears. Madison smiled and shook her head.

“What are you laughing at?”

At this point they were both sitting up on the bed as Jo wiped her eyes.

“Us…look at us crying like a couple a bitch-ass girls.”

Madison smirked and let out a light giggle.

“Jo…we are a couple a bitch-ass girls.”

They chuckled together before Jo shook her head and grinned.

“No…we’re a couple a bad-ass females.”

Their laughter died down and Madison’s face sobered slightly. Her voice was soft when she spoke, but Jo could hear the determination in it.

“I know it’s scary, but you have me…and Sam and your mom, Bobby, Dean…we’re all here and none of us are going anywhere. That kid is gonna be so loved Jo…and ridiculously spoiled…and I swear I’ll do everything in my power to make sure she…or he grows up with a dad…even if I have to made Sam follow Dean around twenty-four seven.”

Imagining Sam following Dean around hovering like an overzealous parent sent both girls into a fit of laughter again. Ellen was unpacking the groceries when their laughter floated down the hallway. She stopped what she was doing and quietly made her way towards Jo’s bedroom.

The door was halfway open. She glanced at the girls through the open portion as they sat on the bed and talked. Their laughter had died, and voice lowered so she couldn’t hear what they were saying, but she saw the smile on Jo’s face.

A smile she hadn’t seen there in a while. She moved away from the door and went back to the kitchen to finish unpacking the groceries. Werewolf or not, Ellen was glad Sam had brought Madison back with them. She was a sweet girl and Jo could use someone to confide in…

She walked over to the TV and flipped it on so she could check out the news for omens. She pulled out a few boxes of pasta and as she was reaching up to the cabinet one of the broadcasts caught her attention.

“Early this morning in Green River County Arkansas two suspects were apprehended breaking into the Arkansas Museum of Anthropology. One of the suspects was identified as Dean Winchester, one of the FBI’s most wanted felons. Suspects are being held at the Green River County Detention Center until further notice…”

Ellen tuned out the rest of the broadcast as she dropped the box of noodles and turned around to face the TV. A sketch of Dean was plastered across the television and she shook her head. She was gonna kill those boys…

No comments:

Post a Comment